Sorry for the long hiatus, everyone. Eric and I have been working frantically trying to make our production deadlines.... it seems Chinese New Year is early and that pushed everything up a few weeks. WHEEEEEWWWWW!
So, here are my 8 tips for enduring to the end of a really big project, staying on task, not getting sidetracked and not procrastinating.
1. Duct tape. Very useful for keeping you in your chair.
2. Password change for Facebook. Have your password changed by a friend who will keep it a secret from you. This alone will increase productivity by 90%.
3. Turn off NPR. If you are listening to NPR like Eric, you are using part of you brain power for something other than work..... or in my case, you are sleeping.
4. Turn on IChat. Then if you do happen to nod off, your business partner can yell at you.
5. Turn on screenshare. This will make you accountable for what is on your screen and keep you from viewing stuff you shouldn't..... like ugly design, of course. What were you thinking?
6. Clear off the front part of your desk. This way, when you hit your head you won't damage valuable personal belongings.
7. Disable Netflix. Watching Mad Men on your computer does not make your work go faster despite anecdotal evidence to the contrary.
8. Don't waste time with research. Pinterest is really not your friend!
While we were slaving away, our fans were makng some fun stuff. Take a look.
This is the winning project from our scrapbook.com winner. Congratulations Heather Landry! What a great layout with Garden Variety.
Jessica Carter sent us the next layout using Salt Air with a teeny splash of Social Club.
And facebook fan Tanya Batrak posted this adorable layout to our fanpage.
Thanks for sharing everyone. I am now going to work on a list for keeping myself motivated and on track to get my house cleaned up. Any tips for such a thing are totally welcome!!!