Are you going to the CHA trade show? Well, if you are, or if you're not... here's my tips for getting the most out of it.
1. Get tons of great inspiration like this card Debbie Olson made for our booth. (She has three more on her blog Thinking Inking.) At the show, all the booths will be stocked with fabulous projects for you to see. If you're not at the show, don't worry... they will all end up online, like the card below.
TIP: If not in the Cosmo Cricket booth, ask permission before snapping pics or you may get the evil eye, yelled at or worse... reported to CHA staff which may require flirting, bribery or apologizing. If in the Cosmo Cricket booth, snap away and then post them for all our friends that couldn't make it!
2. Have fun making the make and takes. Many companies offer them and the wait can become lengthy at times, but they are fun, free and a great way to experience the new products while getting a momento of your show experience. We'll be making the flower below with Glubers and our new wooden buttons.
If you're not at that show you'll have much more time for crafting! Celebrate by planning a craft day with your friends, completing some projects in progress or trying out some of the tutorials we've shown on our blog.
TIP: Reciprocate the generousity of the make and take. If you love the project, show it off while on the CHA floor, talk it up with your friends and online, and tell the person that helped you with it thank you. I normally don't advocate the asking of extras, but I think one could make an exception and ask for two of our make and takes... if they are willing to wear them as pasties on the show floor.
3. Free handouts. Many booths will have things they are handing out for free. Bags are great because they are useful to hold all the other stuff you'll accumulate (we'll have them while supplies last). If you're not going to be at the show, follow the blogs for tons of contest giveaways. We've had 8 winners this week alone!
TIP: Free catalogs and printed materials are awesome... if you are ordering product. If you're not, they are just plain heavy! You won't want to carry them around with you whilst browsing the show nor will you want to have the weight in your suitcase on the way home. Besides... all the good stuff is online already anyway!
4. Get some pics with your friends! Never be afraid to ask someone you admire to have your photo taken with them. They will not think you are silly or an inconvenience. They will love you for being a fan and supporting their work. If you can't be at the show, download some pics of the people you admire and photoshop yourself next to them ;) Or, you could send your a photo of your head on a popsicle stick.
TIP: Wait until they are not busy helping a buyer or they may be sporting a frowny face and holding bunny ears up behind your head. I'm JOKING... I would never even think of that!
5. Have fun! Sure it's business, but that doesn't mean it can't be a great time whether at the show or at home.
TIP: Repeat this step as often as humanly possible everyday of your life.
Congratulations go to:
Shelly J who said, "oh lovely! ... those brads are awesome!"
Ladies, send your info to julie at cosmocricket dot com and I'll get you some fun new things to play with! THANKS!!!
Here's to a great show everyone. Keep your fingers crossed for me!