This project would be super cute in an actual frame, but I'm either too cheap or too lazy to leave my house and get one. Besides, I had a box lid just begging to be upcycled into something cute!
If you want to give it a try, here's what you'll need:
1 box lid 7" or smaller in its greatest measurement
1 Sheet of 12" cardstock (I used one of the glitter print papers from the Simple Surface Deck)
16 Brads (I used 1 full pack of our Canvas Brads and 4 extra from another set)
Paint and brush
Cute little thing to sit in the box
Here's what to do:
1. Ignore my pencil heart. It is far too dark and in the wrong place! Besides, I painted the inside so I couldn't see it anyway.
2. Paint the inside of your box.
3. Cover the outside of your box with paper.
4. Follow my pattern for creating your heart. Place everything without adhesive first. Start with the second row of four across. Then add the two on the top row as shown. The third down will also be four, but they will squish together a bit more than the second row. Then place the three below that, then the next row of two and finally your last one. See, no pencil line needed.
5. Adhere the brads. I cut the ends off and used dimensional Zots Dots to adhere them for the shadow casting effect.
6. Add your Tiny Text phrases and cute little object.
7. Sit it on a shelf and enjoy your awesome-ness!
8. That is all.